Thursday 04 November 2021
Freudenberg launches House of Sustainability:
Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel has announced its new House of Sustainability. The initiative, which is designed to help customers enhance the sustainability of their products, includes more than 500 sustainable solutions for a comprehensive range of applications in the apparel industry.
There are seven product categories in the House of Sustainability.
- Recycled general interlinings are made from recycled polyester from post-consumer PET bottles.
- Recyclable interlinings made from 100% polyamide 6, which can be recycled indefinitely for a consistent closed-loop economy.
- Energy-saving interlinings with an innovative adhesive that reduces the fuse-line temperature. This saves energy during fusing and speeds up the fusing process.
- Biodegradable interlinings and thermal insulations made from cellulose and cotton that are 100% biodegradable in soil. The energy-efficient production process is free from toxic substances.
- Cotton interlinings made from certified sustainable cotton. Certifications include Cradle to Cradle, Global Organic Textile Standard, Organic 100 and others.
- Nature-based interlinings that are wholly or partly derived from renewable and sustainable sources such as trees, wool, silk, and animal hair such as horsehair.
- Recycled thermal insulations and linings made from recycled polyester offering premium softness, warmth retention and extreme wear comfort for sportswear.
Watch the House of Sustainability video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bZEjWYP3w