- Free or discounted attendance at ASBCI meetings, presentations and technical site visits
- Free ASBCI yearbook
- Up to 50% discount on a range of 'best practice' technical publications
- Industry contacts from the ASBCI website
- Professional links to the Society of Dyers and Colourists, Textile Institute, United Kingdom Textile Laboratory Forum, and UKFT
- Use of the ASBCI boardroom facilities in Halifax for your own meetings at a nominal cost
- Discounts at Johnson Cleaners
- A voice for your opinion
- Post Graduate membership options, enabling you to network and learn, after you've graduated.
- Don't just take our word for it, listen to what Graduate Laura Purcell has to say about being a Student Member (see Vlog below)
- To join click here
ASBCI student members have priority in terms of booking Student Conference places, and at a substantial discount to non-members. The conference is exceptional value with similar events for industry professionals typically costing around four times as much. Subject matters are chosen by the Student Committee, which collates feedback and requests from members, with topics ranging from branding and marketing to ethical sourcing, sustainability and much more. Past speakers include ASOS.com, Shop Direct, WGSN, Alvanon, Warehouse, Savile Row and M&S.
Member-Only Web Content
Throughout the website members can view and download a selection of conference and seminar presentations, plus articles from ASBCI yearbooks. These can be invaluable sources of information for assignments as they cover many different fashion business and technology areas.
Student members can currently access a fantastic saving at Colourmart. To access the deal deal,visit www.colourmart.com, then register as a normal user, then when logged in, go to my colourmart => preferred settings... at the bottom you should see "verify student scheme membership", your email address and a button "check" - click the button and if the confirmation says 'yes', your user role is changed to student user, with an automatic 50% discount level. It reverifies automatically every time you buy anything!
Other extra benefits:
- To develop a broader perspective of fashion, from concept to delivery
- To gain access to technical and business experts from across the international clothing supply-chain
- To gain a greater understanding of competitive supply-chain technical and commercial practices
- To be informed on industry and Government developments that may impact fashion businesses
- To meet students and others from different courses and institutions
- To get an edge for possible module assignments
- To improve future employment prospects, with inside knowledge of this trade organisation
- To join click here